In preparation for submitting some of my thesis work to conferences globally, I put together this overview demonstration video showcasing some of the features of the MobileVCS system I have developed.
Some of the core functionality available in the system thus far include:
- Native iPad app connecting directly to the Playstation Move.Me server
- Ability to map the Playstation Move and Navigation Controller buttons to functions within the application
- 1-to-1 Freespace Realtime control of the Virtual Camera position and orientation through the Playstation Move controller.
- Panning, Dollying, and Focal Length Modification functionality available through analog and trigger input on the Navigation Controller.
- On-Screen controls for modifying the Virtual Camera’s aspect ratio.
- Record and Replay a Virtual Camera shot. Replay controls include standard playback functions as well as the ability to scrub across a time slider to pin-point a specific replay position.
- Capture the recorded shot and save it directly to the iOS Camera Roll for playback and sharing.
Looking forward to continuing to iterate and build upon this previsualization tool over the coming months!